- For the public benefit to preserve and conserve the flora, fauna and natural environment of Tring Reservoirs and surrounding areas.
- The advancement of the education of the public in the flora, fauna, the natural environment and related subjects with particular reference to Tring Reservoirs and the surrounding areas.
- FoTR has two places on the Tring Reservoirs Liaison Committee which influences decisions made about the management of the reservoirs. The more members we have, the more influential our voice is.
- Conservation work
- Raise awareness of issues affecting Tring Reservoirs
- Have a stall at local events to encourage membership and raise awareness
- Maintain records of flora and fauna in the area, with particular emphasis on birds
- Organized Walks
Benefits of membership include:
- a regular newsletter, 'Grebe'
- Car Sticker
- Special interest walks
- Opportunity to contribute to volunteer conservation
- Opportunity to help with surveys
- Annual General Meeting with guest speaker or other activity
- exclusive use of the 'Plover Hide' hide at the Thames Water Water Treatment Works (the old Sewage Farm Lagoon)
If you would like to join, please go to the Membership page. .
Additional Car Sticker £1.00
Friends Of Tring Reservoirs
69 Lower Icknield Way,
Herts, HP23 4LW
If you would like more information about membership Bill can be contacted by e-mail.
'Plover Hide' information:Access to the Hide is through a locked gate, fitted with a combination lock.
The code is available via the Membership Secretary, subject to members first signing Thames Water's access conditions (also available from the Membership Secretary).
There are 9 places on the Friends of Tring Reservoirs committee.
Please contact the Membership Secretary if you may be interested in joining us.
These are the present members (in no particular order):
Keith Evans - Editor of our members' newsletter 'Grebe'.
Bill George - Membership Secretary
69 Lower Icknield Way, Marsworth, Tring, Herts, HP23 4LW
Click Here to send Bill an e-mail.
Johne Taylor - Committee Member
Edmund Booth - Treasurer
Anna Le Hair - Committee Member
|Anna Le Hair|
Philip Farrer - Committee Member
Ann Farrer - Minutes Secretary
Peter Brazier - Chairman and Webmaster.
Call the FoTR Helpline or Keith Evans (details above) for general enquiries or to contact one of the Committee for whom no contact details are given.